The free mobile Amazon Fire TV app for iOS / Android / Fire OS enhances your Fire TV experience with easy navigation, a keyboard for easy text entry (no more searching and picking) and quick access to your favorite applications and games.
Amazon Fire TV Features:
- Voice search (not available in all countries)
- Easy navigation
- Playback Control
- Keyboard for easy text input
- Quick access to your applications and games.
Amazon Fire TV Compatibility:
- A multicast-capable router is required
- Designed for easy navigation and playback control of Fire TV streaming media players
- Use the remote control provided with your Fire TV or the optional Amazon Fire TV Game Controller to play
Stream from a Windows 10 PC to a Firestick:
There are a few things you should check before you can stream to a Firestick from a PC in Windows 10. Before starting, make sure the Firestick is properly set up and your PC and Firestick are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Hold down the Home button until a menu appears on the screen.
- Select Mirror Now you see the message "While this screen is open, guest devices can wirelessly play their screen in: Fire Stick from (name)".
- On your Windows 10 PC, open the Notifications section by clicking the SMS icon at the bottom right of the screen (it may also be blank if you have no notifications).
- Click Connect. You should see your Firestick in the list if both devices are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Click on the Firestick listed and it should connect.
- You should now see the screen of your PC on the TV to which the Firestick is connected.
|Name||Amazon Fire TV|
|Developer||Amazon Mobile LLC|
|Version||Varies with device|
|Last updated||June 16, 2020|
|Android Req||Varies with device|
|Google Play Url||Google Play|
SEE THE Amazon Fire TV ON YOUR LAPTOP
If you subscribe to Amazon Prime Video, you can watch it anywhere, even on a laptop. Whether you're using Windows or Mac, you can see what you want, wherever you want. You can access Prime Video or Prime Instant Video directly from a web browser or application, and you do not need a Fire TV Stick to access it.
This works for readers who travel a lot. Whenever you have wireless access, you can watch the Amazon you want. If you do not have a wireless connection, you can download some titles to your laptop before traveling, so you will not be traveling alone with local OTA channels.
CONNECTING FROM A PORTABLE COMPUTER TO AN Amazon Fire TV
If you want to do things backward and watch movies stored on your laptop on a TV, you can do it with your Amazon Fire Stick. There are two ways to do this: screen duplication of Windows 10 and the use of Plex.
First, the Windows screen mirroring method, because the configuration is easier:
- Make sure your laptop and Amazon Fire Stick are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- Press and hold the Start button on your Amazon remote to access the settings.
- Choose mirrors
- Select the notification bubble in the lower right corner of the Windows 10 taskbar.
- You can Connect icon from the tiles at the bottom of the slider bar.
- Select your Amazon Fire Stick when Windows detects it.
- Your laptop screen should now appear on the TV to which you have connected your Amazon Fire Stick. If it does not look very good,
- change the screen resolution on your laptop until it does. Right-click an empty area of the laptop and select Display Settings.
It's a shame you can not just use the Amazon Fire TV Stick on a laptop, but there are options. Do you know another one? Tell us below if you do! Want more information about using your Amazon Fire TV Stick? You can solve performance issues with our guide to resolving buffer/freeze issues on your Fire TV Stick.