Famous analog security experts said that passwords are like underwear that is still kept. You have to keep them private, change them regularly and never share them with anyone by using NordPass Password Manager. However, reality has shown that keeping passwords as private as people want is much more difficult. This information hovers on the Internet and is waiting to be picked up by hackers in the event of data breaches, online fraud or other attacks.
The reason these attacks are usually so common is that people have developed bad password management habits. Two of the most common errors in password security are:
- Create weak passwords.
- Reuse of a password in different accounts;
- Why? Try to remember a different sequence of random words and numbers for 30 different online accounts.
- It is clear that it is an impossible task.
- Then people tend to recycle the same password that they can remember.
- Password managers solve this problem by no longer having to remember passwords.
Read on to learn why password managers matter and how to install NordPass, one of the best password managers currently available.
|Name||NordPass® Password Manager & Digital Vault|
|Last updated||June 9, 2020|
|Android Req||6.0 and up|
|Google Play Url||Google Play|
How to Install NordPass Password Manager on a PC:
NordPass is also available as a browser extension and computer software. The password manager currently supports a variety of browsers, including Edge, Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Brave, and Vivaldi.
Follow these steps to install the application on the PC:
1. Go to the NordPass website and click on "Free NordPass" or "Plans" in the header menu. The free option takes you to a registration page and the "Plans" button takes you to a page that describes the subscription plans.
2. Progress in account setup. The free version only asks for an email address, but the subscription plan version also requests credit card credentials. The configuration process requests a confirmation code that is sent via email.
3. Choose a master password. Make sure that the password is long (at least 16 characters) and unique, but still easy to remember. Here are some tips on creating passwords to get you started.
4. Download the background application that NordPass uses to manage passwords on the PC. Also, install an extension for your browser if you want to use the auto-complete and save features automatically.
5. Click on the extension to open the NordPass interface after a successful installation. From there you can enter or import passwords and configure two-factor authentication.
How to install NordPass on smartphones
You can also find the NordPass smartphone application in the app stores or on Google Play. Follow the steps below to install it on iOS or Android:
- Go to the App Store or Google Play and download the NordPass application.
- Open the application and create a new account.
- Add an email address and password.
- Enter the 6-digit code to confirm the email address entered.
- Create a master password. Remember to make it long and unique, but still unforgettable.
This is it!
NordPass is much easier to install than most other password managers. It is also an easy tool and safe to boot. In addition, the free version is enough for anyone starting to use password managers. And although only one device is supported at a time, updating to add more devices isn't expensive either. These are good reasons to install the NordPass Password Manager at this time.